2012 has come and it is about to go. It was filled with ups and downs like any other year.
For me it will be remembered most as the year my wife and I purchased a home then decided to remodel the home. However for others it will be remembered with sadness as it was filled with stories of despair and loss. I’m thankful that by the grace of God, 2012 in all was a good year for me. However, as we head into 2013 then are things that I need to improve and get better at. Commitments I want to make, so here is a short list of things I want to do more of and less of in 2013:
1. Create more memories with my wife
2. Spend more “silence” time with the Lord. Times when I am not distracted but still and silent with just the Lord and I. Time to give more space for the Holy Spirit to work!
3. Exercise more! I went off the boil in 2012. Time to get back on that horse.
4. Read more books that will challenge me as a person, a husband, a leader and a Christ follower.
5. Give people more grace. I realize everyday I get more grace from God, I need to show more in return.
6. Give more of the Gospel! Preach more, evangelize more, show love and mercy more and do more to rescue people from the pit of hell and place them into the loving arms of Jesus!
1. Eat less Chocolate and Candy! Yes I have a weakness and I’m goin to deal with it!
2. Spend less so I can give more.
3. Watch less sports! My second weakness behind chocolate and again I’m going to deal with it.
4. Take on less responsibility and work. This means delegating more and training more leaders otherwise i’ll burn out fast.
5. Take myself less seriously. I became too serious in 2012. Time to lighten the mood a little in 2013.
6. Losen control of my marriage, my church and my life over to the one who has all things in control, Jesus Christ!